Today I mindlessly checked out in the van for hours and hours as we drove from Nanuet, NY towards Chicago. My day actually began in Brooklyn. I stayed at Ben's. In the morning I took two trains to Penn Station, then due to a change of plans beyond my control, I had to take two more trains to Grand Central. Then I took an actual railway to Tarrytown, where Ruba picked me and Mona up to go back to Nanuet. We got in the van and started the 16-ish hour drive to Chicago and I fell asleep in a hot sweat (because it was a hot day) before we reached the freeway. I took a driving shift going west on I-80 for a few hours, taking us from Pennsylvania into Ohio. After that I read a pretty but poorly edited magazine called "Diner Journal" which is related to the yummy spot I ate at yesterday called Diner, then watched The Godfather. We've been checked in to our hotel for a couple hours now and I only just realized that we're in Michigan. Sturgis, MI. I generally am aware of where I am and what day it is, etc. But once in a while I let go of being in touch with that sort of information and I do feel a kind of addictive sense of freedom from it. I love that about what I do but it doesn't seem sustainable either.
I have tons of pictures of all the food I ate in NYC that I'll post asap!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment