Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day 11: Pirates / Vermont / I'm Tired

Once in a while, our path will cross with the headline news of the day. For instance, we were in Massachusetts when the Red Sox won the world series and John Kerry lost the election to George W. Bush. In case you don't remember, those two events happened very close to one another. Sort of bittersweet and extremely emotional particularly for MA, kind of like when Obama won and California passed prop 8. (I think my dad might have actually framed the L.A. Times front page from that day if it weren't for the part about prop 8. Both news items made the front page in very big letters). Today while I was driving us through Vermont to our next show in Vermont, I listened to NPR and their story was that the captain that was saved from from Somali pirates had just returned home - to Vermont!

And today was rough because I was really tired. And like every show day, I had to load in and set up and play a show and be social and act friendly and nice and break down and pack up and load out. But I'm finding it harder and harder to do it while tired. I used to be able to make it through and ride the exhaustion. Now I just go directly to extremely irritable. It's not fun. And I'm tired because the schedule is so wacky. Sleep happens and odd times and in patches. It's all a catchup game. I think I'm getting old.

1 comment:

  1. i think it's funny (not ha ha) how we're in different situations, but have the same problems.

    ReplyDelete